As our tenth anniversary year winds down and the holiday season kicks off, we at CEE would like to express our immense gratitude to all those of you who’ve helped us to advance equity in New York children’s schools by participating in, engaging with, and supporting our work this year.
We give special thanks to:
- Epic Theatre Ensemble students and staff and the enthusiastic audiences that have attended the students’ inspiring 10467 performances at the National Black Theatre in Harlem; on a sidewalk outside the New York State Supreme Court building before the NYSER v. State of New Yorkhearing; for the East Ramapo community, at the CEJJES Institute’s Educating Young Men of Color Summit; among many others;
- the Adelaide Sanford Institute, including the dozens of dedicated Brooklyn parents who have set aside many Saturday mornings to deepen their knowledge and enhance their advocacy skills through our Know Your Educational Rights workshops;
- the numerous parents, educators, advocates, elected officials, and academics who distribute our user-friendly Know Your Educational Rights handouts and other research-based materials;
- the many Teachers College students, faculty, staff, and administrators who help to provide us with a rich and rewarding environment for our shared work;
- the hardworking statewide organizations that make up our Safeguarding Sound Basic Education Task Force; and
- our institutional funders and individual donors who make the work possible.
And you! We thank all those of you who read our emails and our blog; those who follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram-especially those of you who regularly share our posts with your respective communities and networks; and those who speak out and take action for educational equity.
We look forward to collaborating with all of you in 2016!
Michael, Jessica, Joe, Ambar, and the rest of the Campaign for Educational Equity team